What is Room Escape?
Room Escape is a type of physical live adventure game in which a group of people (normally 2 to 6 people) are locked in a room and have to use elements or tools of the room or from their own stuff (eg. shoe lace etc.) to solve a series of puzzles, find clues, and escape the room within a set time limit, normally 60 minutes. Some games include sub-plots.
Where does the Room Escape idea come from?
The Room Escape is based on „escape the room“ video games in which the player is locked in a room and designed to explore their surroundings in order to escape. Room Escape Players should be observant and use their critical and analytical thinking skills to escape from the room. Other inspirations include adventure board games and movies.
What do I need to prepare or need to do before play the Room Escape?
Nothing, and no previous knowledge or experience required! (: Anyone can play Room Escape, just bring your brain. Some of Room Escape require a minimum age requirement, eg. minimum 12 years old, but that depends on where you play. Normally you are not allowed to bring/use your personal belonging inside the Room Escape, eg. your cellphone, and no pictures or video taking allowed (of course they would like to protect their game plot and settings). Last but not least, a pair of comfortable shoes are always smart choice. Sometimes it gets a bit hot inside the room, so a tshirt is a good choice mostly.
Do we play against or with each other in Room Escape?
Normally you will play with other people, 2 to 6, or even more with some other Room Escape, and normally it is a cooperation game, which requires team work and group thinking. You will get some hints if you stuck at one point during the Room Escape, and the hint could be on demand or given proactively depending on the locations (of course the owner will normally do their best to make sure you guys will successfully get out of the room in time).
What is the goal of the Room Escape?
To get out of the room, with your brain, not your muscle! Of course, well, most of the time. Some of other Room Escape missions are eg. disarm the bomb or find the anti-poison formula in order to save the world, which means that the door might not be locked. Therefore, to know the exact plot or the goal of the game before entering the Room Escape is the key.
What should I consider before I choose a Room Escape to play?
- What is the language used in the Room Escape (text, hint etc.)? Make sure your team players are speak the same language – check roomEscape60.com to find out about language in each review.
- How many people can play the Room Escape? Not to come with too many or not enough people – check rroomEscape60.com to find out about how many players are recommended.
- What is the difficulty level of the Room Escape? Ask the owner, and make sure everybody (layman and profi) are all having fun – check roomEscape60.com to find out about how difficult the Room Escape is or what the mental and physical ratios are.
What should I pay attention when I am playing the Room Escape?
- Search THOROUGHLY! Search everything, everywhere in every possible way in the Room Escape..I cannot emphasize more on this point. I failed a lot on this point and would not have needed a hint, if we could have searched everywhere carefully.
- Everything noticeable in the Room Escape has a meaning (almost): try to think, think, and think, do not let any clue get away, it may has a meaning.
- Every clue will only be used once in Room Escape – after usage, leave it as where it is, it will not be used again usually. When you stuck somewhere, think about which clue you have not used yet.